Monday, September 27, 2010

Boy #3

Boy #3...what can I say?? He is my baby! No matter how old he gets he will always be my baby. Everything he does is a bit bittersweet because it is the last time we will do that thing. The last first step, last first word, last first haircut, last first day of preschool and kindergarten, on and on and on.

I had no issues with my pregnancies with boys #1 and #2, but boy #3 brought some challenges and scary moments. I am thankful God chose to allow us to have him here on earth and be his parents for a while...how much we would have missed out on if He hadn't. I am always amazed at how much more quickly he does things. Being the little brother he has always wanted to keep up. He rode a scooter at an age long before the others, got his training wheels off sooner, and learned to swim at a younger age (everyone else was taking lessons, so we might as well throw him in too :).)

I am also constantly amazed at the love in this little boy's heart. He loves his family, he loves his little friends, he hates to hurt anyone's feelings. He is gentle and kind, lets others go in front of him, and has overall been fairly laid back. There of course have been days, and with his brothers his fuse is much shorter, but he is a lover much more than he is a fighter.

I love how he squeezes my hand with 3 short quick squeezes that mean "I Love You", and how he tells me he wants to live across the street with his wife someday :). I love how he wants to play restaurant with me all the time and sit on my lap to read any chance he gets. I love how excited he is when I come to his kindergarten class to help and how eager he is to help me around the house and especially to help Daddy with any projects including nails and a hammer.

As of late, Boy #3 has really begun to follow the birth order of the youngest child and try to do things for a laugh...whatever it might take. And well, quite honestly it's hilarious right now, but as he gets older it just might not be so funny and the things he does for a laugh just might get a bit scarier...much prayer required again as always. But I know God has great things planned for Carson and that He will see them through to the end. "Being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Loving every minute I have with this little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment