Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A few more...

Just a few more priceless quotes for me to add to the mommy memory bank (it's fading fast...it's now or never!!!)

I am all for educational placemats at the table for the kids at mealtime. However, I must strategize where things end up, because if Carson gets the president placemat, the conversation goes a little something like this:

Carson: (pointing to president's face) "Is he dead?"
Me: "Yes."
Carson: "Is he dead?"
Me: "Yes"
Carson: "Is he dead?"
Me: "Yes"
It goes on like this until we get to a few more recent ones at the end and I get to say "no" a few times.

Noah: "Mom, were you around when Jesus was on the earth?"

Carson: "I like your stomach mom. It is a lot like flubber."

Noah: "Mom were smurf cartoons around when you were a kid?"
Me: "Yes."
Noah: "Wow! They must be really old!"

Noah: "I think those people are picking flowers and herbs" (the "h" is NOT silent!)

Remembering these is good therapy! So often the days are long and I am frustrated at the way I was so impatient or yelled or went overboard. I feel sad that I rushed the bedtime because I was exhausted and just DONE!! I know the days will come all too quickly when I will miss these times and all of the simple pleasures they brought. Someday these entries will remind me of a time that passed me by in the blink of an eye. But for tonight I remain EXHAUSTED!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read all the things the kids have said and I laughed so hard. What a great reminder of the funny moments we have. Sometimes they are overshadowed by stress. LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete