Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School...

Back to School- where does the summer go?? We had so much fun and got to do so many things. I love the summers when the kids are home and the schedule is flexible and the bedtime can be later and less scheduled.

School is often a source of anxiety for me and I am constantly reminded to "cast all of my cares upon Him" and to remember that "He cares for me." For so long I wanted the kids to go to private school. And they did- but then we realized some things in private schools didn't work for Noah and that was SUCH a hard day for me. I fought tooth and nail and cried many tears over that heart wrenching decision. And you know what?? He met me there. In ways I could not imagine, Noah experienced one of the best school years he had ever had. He had a Christian teacher, and a Christian librarian, PE teacher, and Music teacher. He had a Christian LRC teacher. The blessings were amazing. The year was not a breeze and Noah's issues have become more difficult (he has special needs- many of which we are still baffled by and figuring out). But there was without a doubt a hand holding us steady, guiding us through every step. And the next year we got an aide- a Christian aide, and another Christian teacher, and another Christian LRC teacher. Absolutely amazing. The staff at Noah's school love him and enjoy him and always make sure to give us positive info along with the challenges he may present in a given day. We are blessed.

After Noah headed off to public school (across the street), I was sure Landon needed to be in private- and he was until we decided(through much prayer and me praying again sure the answer was not what I was hearing) that he should be at the same school as Noah. And He has met us there with him too. And I STILL struggle, but we take it one year at a time.

Sometimes I think we as moms are too hard on each other. If we homeschool we need to let everyone else know that is what is best for them, if we do public school, everyone else should follow our lead. If our kids are in private school, why aren't everyone else's for crying out loud???!! I think I am beginning to realize that every family and every child has different needs and we just need to be a support for each other, offer advice when asked, and most of all, PRAY for each other and our kids.

What a long post this has become!! I promise in my next post to dig out some of the things that are straight "from the mouths of my babes" from the archives. But for now, here are my babes on their first day of school. More to come (and MANY tears) when my youngest babe starts kindergarten next week.
































2 comments:

  1. Heather,

    If I could encourage every parent out there it would be to do exactly what you did... PRAY! Our children are a precious gift & they belong to the Lord. So often as parents we just do what is expected or the norm, but we forget to seek out what the Lord has for us & our kiddos (whether it is education, immunizations, clubs, etc.). It is so reassuring when He gives confirmation that we are on the right track. I love seeing how the Lord works in the lives of His children!

    I pray you have a great school year & look forward to following your blog...thanks for sharing!

    ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather
    What a great post. Good reminder that He will meet us where we are at. Thank you
    and good writing. I am loving the funny sayings.

    ReplyDelete