Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Boy #2

Boy #2...the middle child :). When boy #2 arrived, it was like nothing I had ever experienced before. He took naps, stayed in the nursery, and rode in the car without screaming. He ate solid foods fine and was quiet sometimes- it scared me and delighted me all at once! Boy #2 is probably the one who has had the funniest things come out of his mouth.

He is a blessing. He is kind and generous and he asks how he can help me often. He loves pizza, bowling, and playing tag. Landon is a great reader and a big fan of video games. He loves his family and is very sensitive to when things are not running smoothly with family members. He is growing up before my eyes. I am so proud of the boy he is becoming. He is often far more patient and understanding of Noah than I am. He is always telling me about the kids who "need special help" and tells me that when he is older he can be a helper to them in their class. He is a very tender hearted boy.

But oh, the middle child concerns I have...that on top of being the younger brother of a special needs child and the stress it creates for the family and for him already squished in the middle. He can "stir up strife" as we call it with the best of them- pushing buttons on both sides! I hope I can be the mom he needs to help him find his own identity and to be comfortable with where he falls in the family. Again, this parenting thing is a blessing and a reason to rely on the Lord all at once. I am thankful that He knows Landon's steps, that He knows just what he needs, and that he loves him far more than I could ever imagine. It is comforting to know that at the end of the day, all I can do is love him, pray for him, and teach him to the best of my ability. His choices will be his, and I am really glad there is one who will be there for him every step of the way giving him all that I can't and loving him unconditionally and immeasurably.

I am thankful that He has plans for him and I can't wait to see all he will become. "For I know the plans I have for you", Declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." A wonderful promise to claim for Landon every day of his life. So thankful God has entrusted him to me for this very short season of his life. I am humbled and honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment